Monday 15 April 2013

Day 53: Stuffed Chicken and Roasted Asparagus

I made the most amazing dinner tonight. I have a hard time cooking classy delicious things that my husband enjoys. I'm a big fan of things like goat cheese, alfredo, parmesan... He doesn't like cheese that isn't cheddar or mozza.

But I did make something! Cream cheese and herb stuffed chicken breast with roasted asparagus. Hmm?

I also threw some potatoes on the side, because hubby didn't know if he'd like asparagus, so I made something else just in case.


I sliced open the chicken breast, and then spread garlic and herb cream cheese on it, and then spooned in some fresh herbs that I'd blended with butter, specifically parsley, sage, rosemary and thyme. Next time, I'd mix the spices with plain cream cheese, and use a little less. I stuck toothpicks through to keep it closed and placed it in a corningware pan and drizzled a little olive oil over top. Baked it for 30 minutes at 400F. It was hard to check for doneness because I didn't want to cut the chicken. The olive oil in the pan turned green because of all the fresh spices in the chicken.


After cutting off the bottom bits of the asparagus, I rinsed it and placed them on a pan. I drizzled about four tablespoons of olive oil over top, and then sprinkled sea salt and cracked pepper. Roasted them for about 15 minutes at 400F, until I could stick a fork in them easily.


The potatoes were baby potatoes that I quartered and then put in a frying pan with olive oil, until they were done. The temperature was pretty low the whole time, so I could time all the dishes for the same time.


All in all, delish! Really classy dinner, without a lot of work. The most work was probably slicing open the chicken. I have a hard time cutting straight.

No comments:

Post a Comment