Wednesday 2 October 2013

Attempts to eat Dairy Free

So, I've (mostly) come to accept that maybe I can't eat dairy. I feel unwell every single time I eat cheese, ice cream, or a cream sauce. Milk in my cereal seems to be okay, but nevertheless, I decided to try cutting it out.

I went to the grocery store last night with this in mind, and looking for something to make/eat for dinner. M wouldn't be home, so I just had to feed me.

I grabbed some soya cheese (seriously though, my cheese should not be called a "loaf"), and some other things, and then realized I was holding a cheese and grapes platter. Come on, Robynne. I put that back, thought of some other ideas, and then went to pick out some whipping cream for alfredo sauce. Come on! I picked up some almond milk, and then debated yogurt. No, Robynne. I ended up with cottage cheese, because I just couldn't think of anything to eat, and then I forced myself to leave.


It's like deciding I can't eat something makes it impossible to avoid.

I have some soya cheese and almond milk at home now, so I should be okay for a little while.

When the hubby got home, he was looking in the fridge, and I just heard, "What the heck is this? It's called a loaf! It feels and looks like plastic! Please tell me you're not going to make me eat that." Thanks for being supportive, babe...

He can't handle eating processed cheese, so I actually wouldn't encourage him to eat my "soy crap", as he so gracefully put it.

Oh, also... Fun note, my iPhone totally crapped out on me, which makes posting, Pinterest-searching, and taking spontaneous pictures a lot harder. Bear with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment