Saturday 16 March 2013

Day 23: Rice Cakes are not Styrofoam

There was a swap meet in town today, so Honey and I went to that. He has a motorcycle which he obviously hasn't ridden in months, considering it dumped most of a foot of snow today. But, you know, what would bikers do without mid-winter meet-ups and early spring sales? We bought a motorcycle helmet for me. I don't know when I'll ever ride, but now we have one that I like and fits. He also bought a riding jacket for himself.

We did a spurt of grocery shopping, and bought some Rice Minis. Last time I had some, Hubby only got to try the plain ones, and he determined they are Styrofoam.  Taste, texture, flavour, crunch; I guess if it quacks like a duck... This time I bought flavoured ones and made him try the caramel chocolate one, and he actually liked it. But mostly he just thinks I eat yucky food.

Then I went jean shopping with my mother. She used to hate jean shopping with me, but now that she's not footing the bill, and it's not her problem if I don't find any I like, and I'm much less dramatic, it's not so bad. I used to be a very melodramatic teenager. I mentioned this, and she says I've been high-maintenance since the day I was born. So there you go. Some of us are just always a lot of work. (:

I accidentally napped after I got home. Woke up almost three hours later disoriented and grumpy and tired. I should never nap, ever. Of course by the time I woke up, hubby wasn't hungry because he'd been munching the flax and oat granola bars all day...

So I made some pasta, and pureed some chickpeas and mixed them with some pasta sauce for dinner for one. I mixed one cup of chickpeas with 1/3 cup of water, and blended until it was a paste, and then mixed that with a jar of No Name pasta sauce (pretty standard sized pasta sauce jar), and added some spices. I used what I needed and then stored the rest for our next pasta dish. I'm definitely adding ground beef though, because the chickpeas didn't totally blend and have little chunks. It would be fine in a meat sauce, not so fine in a smooth tomato sauce.

And then I went to a movie with Banana! We saw Oz the Great and Powerful. Let me just say, it was amazing. I loved it so much. I would watch it again and again and again. Really amazing. Now, before you rush out and go see it, let me say that you maybe shouldn't trust my movie taste. I tell my friends I loved movies that it turns out they hated. I don't dislike very many movies (except ones like Hangover, Hot Tub Time Machine, The Watch that whole genre....). I've never walked out of the theatre on a movie, even if I disliked it, and a lot of controversial movies that people watch to dislike, I love. So... Don't take my word for it, but I loved it!

No comments:

Post a Comment