Monday 11 March 2013

Day 18: Coffee Date

You know how I have good days and bad days? Well, today was mostly a good day. I felt okay and normal all day at work, and for lunch I had chicken and rice soup. It was just a normal day, which makes it a really good day lately.

After work, neither of us felt like defrosting meat or cooking, so we ordered pizza. Domino's has a gluten-free crust, and I'm pretty loyal to them (because I used to babysit the owners' kids, but I do also like their pizza). It was actually pretty good. Like, hubby took a slice and declared it delicious. So at least I'm not sacrificing one thing.

After dinner, I had a coffee date with a friend. That was great. We went to the coffee shop where my office goes every morning, and I got a soy London fog. Soy, because I've always had a bit of a problem with dairy, but only in large quantities, like lattes. We sat and talked for hours and it was really good. After the coffee shop closed, we sat in her dad's shiny new car and talked some more, and... then I threw up in my mouth. I'm sorry if that grosses you out. At least I didn't throw up in her dad's car! (Oh, her dad is one of the guys at my office, so... it would not be good.) After a minute when I felt a bit steadier, I drove home, where I threw up again.

So that's fantastic. Finally had a normal day... It could be the soy. Lots of celiacs have soy issues. So I'm going to shy away from soy for a little while, and try again in a few weeks, and hope it wasn't that. Who knows, at this point.


Oh! I also made granola bars at lunch. I had some granola cereal, so I melted some butter, honey, corn syrup and brown sugar, and then added peanut butter, and poured it over the granola and let it sit. They came out delicious. Should have cut them before they totally set, because they got really hard, but they were good, and hubby gobbled them up too. So I'll keep that in mind, make them again, actually write down how much of what I used, and share it with you! Yay!

1 comment:

  1. I'm sad that you threw up when you got home :S I hope you start to feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete