Monday, 4 March 2013

Day 11: The Dietitian

I saw the dietitian today! Remember how at the beginning my doctor told me she'd refer me to one? Well, she did, and they called on Friday and made an appointment for this afternoon at one.

So... I skipped lunch. Bad, I know. I bought a package of peanuts at the hospital and nommed them while I waited, but I'll admit, I was pretty hungry.

Anyways, so I saw two dietitians. One of them was an intern. They were both impressed at how much research I'd already done, and how much I'd removed gluten from my life. They gave me a couple ideas, but I pretty much already knew everything they were going to tell me. They did give me a mock-up of a one-week meal plan, which has some great ideas. I think if I get my crap together enough, I might follow the meal plan spot on one week, just to see how it goes.

They also gave me a couple cookbooks on using pulses, which is really helpful. I have already seen some chickpea cookie recipes, but this is more encompassing. They also named a gluten-free bakery in the bigger city, which sounds bigger and better than the tiny one here, but I don't know if I'll ever make it there.

They were overall helpful, and said I could call or make an appointment at any time if I ever have questions, which is great.

So... It was pretty much time to get back to work by the time I left, which meant I didn't have enough time to go home and eat a real lunch. So I zipped over to the health food store, and bought a slice of gluten-free carrot cake, and this hemp-seed chocolate meal replacement bar. I don't really think I liked it. I mean, it tasted fine, and I wasn't too hungry, but it made me feel kind of weird, and I just don't think it was worth it.

Okay, so after a bad day of eating, I got home after work, just plain starving and so wiped and dizzy that there was no way I could cook anything. And my husband isn't hungry, and doesn't feel like cooking. I passed out in bed for awhile after munching on some gluten-free snacks, and then took a bath because I couldn't stand up long enough to shower. Halfway through my bath, my lovely husband brought me a plate of french fries. How thoughtful. Not something you can eat in the bath. If you should ever eat in the bath. Seems kind of weird to me. And then when I was done, they were cold. I ate one and was all like, "Eww, it's cold." So I ate another. And I definitely thought, "Once I get dressed, I'll go downstairs and microwave these." And then I ate the whole plate. I was soo hungry! Seriously. I get these massive hunger moments, and then I feel so full for awhile, and then Bam! Out of nowhere, I'll be hungry again. So yeah. I ate cold fries. I'm an animal.

And that was pretty much my day. Still don't have enough energy to do much...

No comments:

Post a Comment