Thursday 9 May 2013

Day 77: Blender Fudge

I had a serious craving for fudge today. I have the recipe my mom always made, the kind that goes in the microwave and doesn't take much work. But I didn't feel like doing that much work, and I had a paleo fudge recipe pinned to my baking board, so I made that. I technically didn't make paleo fudge, because I used peanut butter, regular honey, and normal cocoa, but hey. Close enough, right?

It doesn't take much work, besides cleaning out your blender later, and you'll want to eat it so fast you forget to take any pictures.


So you melt some coconut oil, and then you throw a bunch of stuff in your blender, and then you blend it. You might find yourself standing there watching it blend for awhile, but I promise it's worth it.


And then you pour it from your blender into a mold. I used a couple of ice cube trays. Here's another fun fact about Robynne: I don't actually have any cube-shaped ice cube trays. I have at least half a dozen different ones, but not a single one is cube-shaped. I have hearts, apples, pumpkins, pears, ovals, and diamonds, though. So I made some fun shaped bits of fudge that were about two-bites big each, which is just the right amount for a creamy, chocolatey, smooth fudge. I threw one in the fridge, and the other two in the freezer, so I wouldn't eat them all in one day.


Everyone goes on about microwave fudge and Oh look! It's so quick and easy! but I think I like this better. No cooking at all, and nothing dirty but a blender.


1/2 cup coconut oil
1/2 cup cocoa powder
1/2 cup smooth peanut butter
1/4 cup honey
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
Melt coconut oil. Blend all ingredients together in a food processor or blender. Pour into silicon tray, muffin tin, or lined muffin tin. Chill for 30 minutes, and store in air-tight container.


No comments:

Post a Comment