Friday 30 August 2013

Coffeecoffeecoffeecoffeecoffee

I had my first ever cup of coffee yesterday. I've been working my way up there with iced cappucinos, iced coffees, and frappucinos. Yesterday morning, I just could not keep my eyes open. I had a very long day ahead of me, with no time to pick something up, so I poured a cup of coffee at work, added a ton of sugar, and tried it.

It was amazing! I have hated every coffee flavoured thing, and even the smell of coffee all my life, but this little cup in front of me was the best tasting thing I'd had all day. Maybe because of the sugar. I gulped it down, nonetheless.

Twenty minutes later, the whole world felt a little brighter. I was a little more chipper, and just felt like I could handle things a little better.

Halfway through the afternoon, when I usually start dragging my feet, I was chipper and happy. At five, I started to feel a little tired, but zipped home for dinner, and then an hour later, went into work. I work 11 hour days three times a week.

Around eight, I started to crash, and was afraid I'd fall asleep standing up. But I got through the last hour of work, managed to get home, and fell asleep.

Oh my gosh, though. I have tried caffeine in half a dozen forms, and if they kick in that fast, they don't last more than a few hours, and the crash is hard. I suddenly understand why people drink coffee everyday.

Hubby says I'm gonna get addicted. I don't care. If this is what an addiction will do to my day, bring it on!


I'll probably take that back in awhile.

No comments:

Post a Comment