And then I went home and I noticed a giant pack of cheap clothespins leftover from one of hubby's projects. Then I looked, and I found we had cheep black, white and red paint. As well as cheap thin paint brushes and a little paint dish.
Okay. At this point, what's stopping me??
I pulled out supplies and grabbed a sheet of newspaper and painted one up.
It literally took about 30 seconds.
So I painted a few more.
And then, in total, I painted 45 - both sides. That was maybe a little more work than I intended, but it didn't take more than an hour and now I have 45 adorable clothespins for the bridal shower.
I'm sure you can figure it out by just looking at a photo like I did, but here's how I did it.
Grab your supplies. It's way easier to work once you have everything on hand.
I tried painting the white first on a few, but I found I had to go back after the black dried to do the white shirt, so after some trial and error, I started off by painting most of one side black, adding in a straight line for the bow tie (you could get fancy and make a little bow there) and then two little dashes for eyes. More trial and error determined that I like thin slanted lines the best.
After a few seconds (Or painting about ten more black) I painted the other side mostly white, giving a nice slope for the neckline of the dress, and adding in a little pearl necklace.
Last, but not least, I added a tiny red dot on the bride's side for lips. I saw some pictures that added a pink circle for blush, and I tried a few with red lips on both sides, but this is what I liked best.
And there you go! You could get fancy and paint on hair, or glue on a bit of tulle for a dress, but I decided to keep it simple. I think they're elegant and simplistic like this.
Also! One of my favourite blogs, Pinstrosity, has a Use It Up challenge, and this totally works for that! I didn't buy a single item for this craft! Which I've never actually managed to do before, but somehow, today I did.