Monday 27 April 2015

The Griffin Takeaway

As someone with celiac disease, I've always struggled with those crazy busy days that I don't have any time to cook or eat out, because there aren't a lot of gluten-free fast food options, but if I'm over on the East side, then  The Griffin Takeaway is my hands-down my go-to. It's easily one of my favourite places in the city, with a selection of sandwiches, soups and salads that will be ready in a jiffy, and a large case of delicious baking - all of which is gluten-free!

I've been there a ton, and it's become one of my staples. I can always expect a most delicious dessert that doesn't make me one bit paranoid. I'm always torn between cheesecakes, brownies, pastries, cookies, and tarts. They have so many options, and it always looks splendid.

Chocolate Cream Puff

They also have a selection of soups and sandwiches, but I haven't tried very many. I usually order the pulled pork, which is delicious and I love it.

Pulled Pork Sandwich

To be honest, pretty much everything else is a little "weird". You'll find hummus, goat cheese and artichokes, but not much for "classics". However, if you're looking for dairy-free, vegan, or vegetarian options, you will find them here!


Brownie with icing and cherry

 If you have any dietary restrictions at all, I would recommend checking out the food at Griffin, and if you're looking for a great bakery on the East side, definitely check them out! It's one of those places that proves gluten-free can be delicious too.

The Griffin Takeaway on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment